View Single Post
      06-16-2023, 06:29 PM   #122
MRCW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardycub86 View Post
Bumping this up in case anyone has done the retrofit in the intervening years since this thread started. It's been linked in numerous other forums I've visited so hopefully keeping the conversation in this same thread will help those searching the subject, just as I did.

Given the number of passing years, and headlight units becoming more easily obtained 2nd hand at a reduced cost, has anyone successfully completed this retrofit?

I've got my hands on a pair of complete LCI headlight units and fit them to my car. That part was easy enough, as far as it goes (getting some of the trim off was the most difficult part). They're plugged in and set up. All lights working individually, but when the angel eyes/halos are on with the low beams & high beams, they flicker. I have Carly so have tried coding all the options available to make the halos brighter/increase the voltage to reduce flickering, but I've run out of options available in Carly. Should note here that they ONLY flicker when the low beams/high beams are on. When it's just DRLs, they're fine. Indicators also work without issue.

Based on previous posts in this thread, I think the solution is to increase the voltage for the halos so they don't flicker, but since Carly doesn't have an option to change the brightness w/low beams/high beams on, I can't change that.

What solutions has anyone else found? Would Bimmergeeks ProTool be able to code the lights properly? I'm reluctant to spend £150+ and try it in case it doesn't work, similarly with INPA/ISTA (can't remember the right name) as I don't have a laptop so would need to buy one and don't really want to spend £400-500 fixing a flickering light.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
I have Protool and as I recall it does have a code to modify brightness of the Halos...

I didn't bother reading the whole thread I have a 2013... what is the difference with the LCI lights? I have the adaptive ones with HBA and changed it the halos to a very bright LED 6,000k bulbs
Appreciate 0