View Single Post
      09-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #27
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I haven't had the issue yet, thankfully, but it was all over the Amazon reviews when I bought my TV 2 years ago. I've also had the motherboard replaced, thankfully under warranty, which is common.

I haven't noticed any either, but like I said above, it's still a common from the Amazon reviews, and even from independent reviewers who still recommend the TV, but want to warn buyers.

I don't have a dog in this pony show, I bought the TV, but the Amazon reviews prove that it's still an issue, even if you don't believe the reviewers telling you it still exists, but to buy the TV anyway.
Most consumers wouldn't know or care about a decent picture if someone hit them over the head with it. I doubt any of these Amazon reviewers took the time to actually configure the picture of their TVs. It sucks that one has to do this, but it's the nature of what sells in the showroom. The TV with the biggest pop is what everyone thinks is the best picture. Manufacturers know this.

If one doesn't want to deal with the hassle of configuring their TV, then they can pay for a TV that gets it almost right out of the box. My A90J is one such TV where professional reviewers have said the stock settings for the TV is pretty good and allows the buyer to skip an ISF calibration if they don't care about getting everything perfect.
Appreciate 0