View Single Post
      05-26-2018, 02:06 PM   #76
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I'm not disrespecting Toyota. They build awesome appliances. I'm only questioning their ability to make a sports car that lives up to the hype it's already facing.
Of course there is doubts, the Supra is such an iconic car. But I think many are looking at it in the wrong way. Toyota is essentially getting to develop the next gen M coupe(minus a S motor). Toyota does have recent success in developing the GT86/FRS chassis, raved for it's driving dynamics(but dogged for its anemic powerplant).

If you think about, just about all of BMW cars are a great starting point for building performance vehicles. M models are built upon their pedestrian counterpart. If Toyota has taken the base Z4 and in a sense built their own version of a M car. It could very well end up being something special. Of course the Supra isn't getting a S designated engine(there is indication Toyota will tweak B58 a bit), the M2 has a tweaked N55 and the overall package is excellent. This quote from Tetsuya Tada could give some insight into what I'm talking about, "the Supra will differ from the Z4 in that the Supra is intended to be a “pure sports car.” I feel like he is trying to convey they are building their own version of a M car. Only downside I see, is the possibility of no manual.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00