View Single Post
      08-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #492
Abii
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmorelli View Post
Not sure how a Mustang gives a better snow driving experience than a Z4? Frankly my experience is that a BMW with good all-season tires will handle snow reasonably well with a light throttle foot. DSC and ABS help. Or even how a 2 series is that much better? Best of luck with whichever decision you make!

Filippo
Well, Z4s are super low the ground. I've never driven a car that low. The rear wheel drive aspect of it is somewhat worrying (mainly because I've never owned a RWD car), but I know a lot of guys that drive RWD cars in Northern Alberta with snow tires. When I talk to them about it they just mention snow tires (obviously) and using your head. With the Z4 I would have to battle 2 issues: clearance and traction. With the other two cars I would probably only have to worry about traction.

The 2 series has Xdrive. A lot of the ones I've seen in the used market are AWD. So there's that option. Plus, neither the Mustang nor the 2 series are super low to the ground. If I do buy a Mustang it won't be the V8. An eco boost is plenty power for me. Not sure if that makes winter driving any easier .

This whole discussion makes me want to add the X1 to the list of candidates. I've only looked at them briefly but they look sooooo boring lol.
Appreciate 0