Rep
Drives: 2008 535xi / 2011 Z4 35Is

Garage List
2018 BMW X2  [0.00]
2008 535xi  [0.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abii View Post
I know the purpose of this thread is for new Z owners to introduce themselves, but I can't open a thread and couldn't find another thread to ask my questions so I'll ask them here. Hopefully it's not too much of a bother.

Next spring I'm looking to buy a Z4. It'll be my first "real" car. I've been saving up the cash for a long time and now that I have the money I'm starting to think it might not be the wisest idea.

1) Next year I'm moving to Edmonton from Vancouver. Can the Z4 handle snow with snow tires? With lots of snow it'll obviously turn into a plow, but my main concern is packed hard snow in -xx weather. Those from the colder climates know what I'm talking about.

2) What should I look for in the used market km/miles wise? I've seen a few 11/12 models with less than 50k km on the odo. My budget can't handle anything over a 2012 so anything I buy will be out of warranty.

3) Any fellow Canadians here? Any other advice is genuinely appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

This car should not be your winter time daily driver. If this is the only car you can afford get a proper practical car.

If this car is the only car you can afford, and it will be used with no warranty, big mistake.

You don't need this car that bad.
Appreciate 0