08-15-2020, 04:45 AM   #10
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli371 View Post
Well, I gave it a go today. Couldn't get the K+DCAN cable to prompt anything when connected to my phone.

The user manual says I should have got a pop up when connecting it asking which app to use, but nothing. Not sure if for some reason this cable isn't made for my specific car or if my phone is the problem.

The only thing I found to check was if my phone was OTG enabled, and it is. (Pixel 4)

I think i'm going to have to end up shelling out some more $$ for the MHD wifi obd adapter and hope for the best.
I think that wifi adapter is worth it. Makes life so much easier.. no plugging cables in... no cables dangling to your phone mount etc. My cobb is not plugged in and sits in its case in the trunk most of the time just because that cable gets in the way in the interior all the time.

If you have obd cable with the switch on it... then you may want to try different positions... it changes some pinouts on the connector that are different on earlier bmw-s from more modern stuff... If you dont then you may have a cable that is meant for the earlier cars.
K-LINE (Far Left Position): Year 2001 - 2007
D-CAN (Far Right Position): 3/2007 - 2016