11-25-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
Guess you have a point. I think the e90 crowd is more tinkerer than e89 crowd. Thus makes sense to check that section. I find the e89 engine bay provides alot of space to work on vs. the sedan's.
335i is cheaper to buy, more cars on the road.
Because they are cheaper and more common, they get modified more often. That in turn plays into the reliability issue. Mod the hell out of it and then you have fuel pumps failing, waterpumps failing, misfires, injector issues and so on.

Like if you google N54 second result is a guide to build a 500hp n54 with 1500usd of mods. Anyone buying a cheap 335 and then bolt on all the stuff in that guide to make it fast will run into reliability issues.

Z4 is easier to work on... main thing is: no need to remove cowl like in e90 every time you want to work on the engine. Just remove engine cover. Only hard part is getting to the turbos if needed.