Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
I feel a bit like what this guy must have experienced:

https://www.today.com/parents/wife-r...e-2021-t199511

I grew up as an only child so had a lot of alone time. Suddenly not being alone was great. I don't really get bored of my wife and could be with her for ages. She enjoys baking, Netflix and, cleaning. I enjoy DIY and detailing the cars. We both have our escapes and hobbies. We go for walks together when we can.

When I was in the work office she started going walking by herself and enjoyed it. Listening to music.

Equally being left to my own devices is not a problem. I could DIY for days on end and not be around her much.

I used my skills to make an office at home. Made my own desk... bookshelves... she started using it when I was at work. She was usually dead against a study... curls up on the couch with her laptop. Always said how comfortable it was and how she'd never use the study.

Lord. When I told her I wouldn't be going back to the office until April 2021 she absolutely lost it. I was on the verge of tears. Then she went on about it's not you it's me. I told her I could join the reserves and be posted by the end of the week. She thought I was being drastic. A week passed and she seems to have processed it. This week all I have been hearing is how wonderful it is to have me home. I don't know whether it's got something to do with making lunch and dinner 3 days in a row.

Three is a magic number.
It's strange but no one tells you that true love is when you adore someone but want to roll their body up in a rug.

That would be me. I'm very introverted. My job is very extroverted so it drains me and I need time alone to recharge. I love my husband but don't need to be around him constantly. He would be fine & it wouldn't bother him a bit. If I go for a walk or a bike ride and don't invite him he gets a tad twisted. I've had to explain to him multiple times it isn't you, it's me. I just need some time to myself.
I finally get it now but it took me years! At least a good 10 years. When we met she wasn't driving. She had a horse. In the olden times every had a horse and nobody had a car. Now everyone has a car and it's a luxury to own a horse! She'd spend time at the stables but then her horse passed. So I'd drop her off to work and pick her up. Until she got her license. So that was 4 years of driving or more. Then she found her independence. Fast forward when she was diagnosed with cancer I took her to all her mayo appointments and looked after her at home. I guess you could say she has seen a lot of me. So when she didn't need me or wanted head space I took it very personally. Took me years to get over it. I finally got it. When I "just" want to clean our cars. That's me wanting space. It's no different when she "just" wants to go for a walk alone. I realized that when you love someone you have to let them breathe. Same though about the introvert thing and extrovert job.
Appreciate 0