View Single Post
      04-21-2023, 01:14 PM   #8
beamlord
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 m3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Been lifting weights since I was 13,I'll be 54 this October. I was in my "lifting prime" so to speak in my mid 30's. I'm nowhere as strong as I was when I was younger,nor do I care to be. It took it's toll on my joints&tendons. I've torn quite a few from going all-out.

That being said,in my late 40s I re-evaluated my nutrition/training plan and approached it from a more mature,refined perspective. Was I able to still push heavy weight? Yeah. But I err on the side of caution since turning 50,because for me there's really no point. Been there,done that and have the scars to show for it.

When I see old friends/gym buddies from back in the day,they all say my physique looks better now then before so that makes up for my lack of strength/size compared to when I was a young buck
There still are some days when I wish I was able to go crazy heavy then I look outside the gym at my car in the handicapped parking spot and realize,yeah it'll never happen lol

I forgot to mention that our testosterone levels play a significant role regarding strength,recovery,lean mass etc so the older we get the lower our T levels get which will cap your gains at some point. Just my $0.001
This looks like a post I could write, word by word. All exactly the same.
Just a few years behind ya, approaching 50.
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer1915.50