08-09-2022, 03:36 PM   #1106
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
We don't have any track times, etc yet so we don't know what it is faster or slower than today.

My main beef is Tadge/GM lied, on multiple occasions, about what pricing would be. Then they go & jack up all the option prices Porsche style and require you to get the $9k CCB if you want the now $10k high wing pkg etc. THat kind of crap should piss everyone off. Especially since we are still talking about a mass produced Chevy, not a GT3RS.

The ZTK option on the C7 ZR1, the pkg that gave you the high carbon wing, splitter, etc was $3k. Let that sink in.

I agree. That’s why i said numerous times until we see more performance data this golden child of a car isn’t anything more than just a high performance variant of a high performance base car, which is the stingray.

If the numbers show otherwise, then that cements the car as gm’s first supercar in my opinion. The rumors about it and what we know so far makes it that. But until we see real world data, then it’s not true yet. That’s my whole point in this thread.

I don’t know if we can say tadge lied. All he said was that we should expect pricing to be in line with previous z06. But don’t forget that was 4MY’s ago and without knowing about the economy with the inflation. I do believe if it wasn’t for inflation the car would be around 92k. Or def under 100k as I said multiple times early in this thread. None of us predicting 106k msrp with options driving the car cost to 160k or so.

If gm knew this would cause this much back talk, then they obviously know something we don’t know yet. Maybe the car is a better contender than the c7zr which had a similar price tag when you option up.

You’re right this car isn’t a gt3rs but think about what makes that car special. Don’t look at the brand. Look at its capabilities. If the c8z can provide a similar experience for a cheaper price tag, even if it’s not by much, is still a bargain. Not many car makers are doing new v8’s anymore let alone an NA v8 of this magnitude. People are overlooking this.

This is the last of its kind. The final send off to one of the greatest zo6’s ever made. That means something to most people buying them. Track times are actually secondary to them.
Appreciate 0