View Single Post
      08-22-2017, 01:53 PM   #28
atam1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datka View Post
It will be interesting to see all skeptics after Floyd gets knocked out cold.
I am not predicting that outcome, but how can anyone call this fight a nonsense?
I used to box at an amateur level and understand this sport very well.
Connor is not a bum from Ireland. He is an elite mma fighter that uses his boxing skills as a primary weapon. Finishes most of his opponents with strikes. Prefers stand up as he was beginning his career as a boxer, not as a wrestler unlike many mma champions.
He is bigger, younger, stronger, has knockout power unlike Floyd and is very confident he can take Floyd out.
I don't believe Floyd can finish Connor. He will win by decision most likely by running and landing accurate punches, but no way he can hurt Connor.
However, Irishman will have plenty of time to catch Floyd once with his left hook. If that happens, he is going to finish him.
I think this fight is going to be more interesting than many ppl think.
I'm gonna partly agree with you and partly disagree with you.

Conor will come into the fight around 15 lbs heavier than Floyd. He took bombs from a 180 lb Nate Diaz with 4 oz gloves. It buckled him, but he didn't sleep. Floyd hasn't knocked anyone out anywhere near that size, nor does he ever put full torque on his punches because he's always thinking defense immediately after. The only way I see Floyd coming away with a KO is if Conor gasses and does a replay of his first fight with Nate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datka View Post
However, Irishman will have plenty of time to catch Floyd once with his left hook. If that happens, he is going to finish him.
I think this fight is going to be more interesting than many ppl think.
Floyd doesn't give anyone plenty of time to catch him with anything. His first priority is defense.

Conor's a southpaw, so he doesn't have a left hook unless he's in the pocket, which as an mma fighter, he has zero experience with. From distance, he has a left straight, which is what you normally use as a southpaw vs orthodox, and a right hook you'd use to set up for the left straight.
Appreciate 0