View Single Post
      05-09-2010, 03:41 AM   #56
siscobmw
freude am fahren ....scheiden freude...
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive30i tiefseeblau

also for some e36 model sold here in Italy, with special equipment.....
special editions here are countless.....but not for bmw: peugeot has done 20-30 special edition for his city cars, fiat about the same, renault the same, citroen the same, lancia the same......
this is ,to my eyes,a good marketing action for big-sellers-low-cost cars to give an extra boost for brand earnings.......Italian people, like me, believe that nowadays special edition are dedicated only for cheap cars....I believe that this special Z4 doesn't give any favour to bmw...IF ,and only IF, this 35is could be the real M version of e89,a special version(remember the CSL e46 and the E36 M3 GT?) has sense....black series of CLK mercedes had sense....
but a special series of this z4 with those interiors and those badges, a different colour and polished alloys ....is not a special version...give me a 35is with carbon fibre everywhere, some modification to better steering response on the road , the handling and so on....and some bhp more...and you did something really close to a special version(and IMHO something close to perfection )...the gt3 v8 is a special version, not this millemiglia....with a proper special version BMW Italia will sold more z4s than 3 serie coupe diesel.not 99 cars more...

BMW could have realized a special version for USA and other countries that I think they are more than happy to sell a car like this....and BMW got more success than that...

the only special version of a real sports car in italy is the Porsche targa, this name was given in honour of the old "targa florio rally", made years ago in Sicily.....and logically for the carrera(carreca panamericana)....for the rest the fiat panda dance(a special edition od '90ies with electric wiodows and metallic paint) had big success....I hop you understand....
Francesco
Appreciate 0