Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I'm definitely a BMW guy but for day to day driving I just prefer the piece of mind that comes with AWD. I will definitely do track lessons one day but until then I'm not very confident hooning around when it's wet out.

With AWD I can still corner like a jack*ss when it's wet and not fear for the unknown.
That's not how AWD works. Go into a corner too hot, RWD or AWD, traction loss is still traction loss. AWD helps in mid-corner grip and exit when it you are accelerating. It's not magically going to make you stick to the road better during braking or cornering. You will be able to accelerate out sooner in a corner, or recover easier from an error... that's it. You won't be entering that corner any faster. Take a high performance driving school like another poster suggested. There's nothing more tragic than a AWD going off the side of the road because the driver thought AWD means stickier tires.

Here's what AWD does for you when you're too hot into a corner:

answer: squat

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
Simple1133.50