06-28-2020, 10:46 AM   #2022
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Gotcha! Thank you kindly for the clarification.

I am looking to continue playing with a few grand for fun, but I've realized my focus should be on long term growth and 'set and forget' type stocks. As I mentioned before, I cannot be actively managing this stuff like I am doing now in the future. I think you said you're in a similar position, but my current schedule allows for me to have some free time right now.

I hope you give us some more quality picks in the coming weeks, everything you have given us thus far has hit (eventually). I'm learning to just be patient and trust the process. I refuse to lose money on such volatile stocks when an R/S or public offering hits. I have a feeling a lot of people are playing around with money they don't have as they sell the second there is a "hiccup" in the share price.

Scared money don't make money!

Yes...at your age I would be putting everything I could afford away for retirement. I've been doing it as long as I can.

This short term stuff is alluring....but not something I would even count as part of my investment portfolio.

It's nothing more than "playing" for me although I will admit that I've made more much more money from it than I thought I would.

I like finding stuff that I can get it.....and just set a sell order for and forget about. If it take 2 weeks or 2 months....it doesn't affect me. I couldn't be in front of a screen all day doing "day trading" unless that was actually my job.

Right now, I look at is as a new hobby I'm learning!