06-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #21
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 2.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Love the stance. Is that Jet Black or Sapphire metallic black. Looks like JB?
It is the Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoonskim View Post
oh my god, i can't wait to get my car this weekend after looking at that picture... same car, color, wheels
All you need are the springs to drop it a bit, but this is a personal preference but the the 313's raise the car up almost 1", and the springs lower it about 1", so no trade off on ground clearance if that is a concern.
------------------------------
The only folks I know of doing N52 upgrades are Noelle Motors who are able to get 306HP, 256 lbsft out of an N52, but that is taking it to 3.2 ltrs with all new internals to the tune of about Euro 11,000 [don't quote me on the price but saw it somewhere I can't remember], but I think you will loose the warranty along with a lot of longevity getting what appears to be a track kit, and not yet specific to the new Z4.

I have driven both and from a seat of my pants perspective the difference is not that great, the 35 is quicker but the the 30 is lighter and I think corners better [it is 200lbs lighter, mostly unsprung weight front the bigger brakes and the weight of the turbo setup directly over the front wheels] and uses less gas [which is issue with gas being $2.00 a quart over here], but my sense of enjoyment was the same on both cars - there is no bad choice here. I would have gotten a 35 if the dealer had one, but the demo I picked up was a 30 [considerable discount] and I am not disappointed at all
Appreciate 0