05-01-2021, 10:58 AM   #38
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I recommend taking it to a Ford dealership and see what they'd give for it. So far, every offer I've received for my Tundra is HIGHER than what I paid for it 1.5 years ago! And that's with an extra 14k miles. The order is from low to highest, but they're all within a few thousand: Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, and Toyota dealership of all places. Going to take it to one more local Toyota dealership and see if they'll get in a bidding war.

I really love this truck and had no plans on selling, but when it's a few thousand more than what I paid for it, it's a no brainer. I can get back in the truck in a few years and will just make it work for now.

I'm pretty comfortable with the offer to the point I probably won't even waste time listing it for private sale. The question is should I hold on to it for a few more months as the chip shortage continues? What do you guys think? I don't think it'll get any better until maybe Fall, so prices in theory should go up even more.
I'm kind of in limbo waiting to see if we can buy a second home in NC. If we do then I'm definitely selling the RV (crazy hot RV market now) and wouldn't have much use for the truck (at least not for that big of a truck). However if we can't find anything then I may keep the RV longer so we can travel around this summer.

If we do find property though it may be useful to have the truck to move stuff from here to there. Would probably also want to have a 4x4 in the fleet which right now is only the truck. So maybe I would have to replace it with a smaller truck, but then I'd be buying the other truck in this crazy market so..... analysis paralysis...
Appreciate 1
W///7494.00