jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by methodtim View Post
1. Not crazy at all.

2. I just traded in a 2019 Q7 that didn't need my "needs" (well, wants) so I can totally identify with what you're going through. If you can afford it, why suffer.

3. With regards to voice nav - why not use Apple CarPlay (I know there's no Android Auto on Porsche, it drives me nuts)? There's just no way car voice recognition can compete with Siri, Google, Alexa, etc. -- there's simply not enough processing power invested in car systems to compete.

4. I cross-shopped Porsche very very deeply before deciding on my most recent car. I had a Cayenne GTS all dialed in and had an order ready to go and everything before I bailed out. Ultimately, Porsche (in my humble opinion) doesn't provide enough value for the performance.

I know value is a weird concept when you're dropping 100k for a car, but dollar for spec, I was looking at a 25% premium for Porsche vs. Audi or BMW. And yeah, being able to dial in the exact spec I wanted down the thread color is super cool... but not that cool.
I didn't see a 25% DELTA Porsche to BMW. I saw about $10k between equally equipped x5 and Cayenne. But maybe the delta rises when you enter the Turbo vs M models.

Right now the dealer has a 2020 Macan GTS demo. With 18 miles. Not sure I really want a red car (at least not that red) but I might need to see it and feel the seats in person. Got nothing else to do tomorrow as there is a couples tournament at the club and my wife doesn't play golf. I like almost everything about the BMW X5 and X3. Except the current styling is kinda bland. Bummer that cause I think the overall features and drive ability and performance for their cars is superior dollar to dollar. Audi is nice but they never have any selection.

Course part of my dissatisfaction is knowing I'm dropping so much dosh on a vehicle I drive all of 6K a year. Feels stupid. Might lease a higher end X5 and figure it out again in 3 years.
Appreciate 0