04-26-2021, 12:19 AM   #35
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
This is how my father feels. He used to drive sport sedans including a couple BMW 3ers but once the F30 generation came he was no longer interested. Always wanted a Porsche but now in his mid-50s felt the Boxster/Cayman were too difficult to get in/out of. So naturally he opted for a Macan S.

This car almost feels like a sports car on stilts, it's that good. However he always opts to drive my mom's G05 X5 instead because it's "more comfortable seats, better driving position, and has better tech." I roll my eyes at all this but his priorities have changed over time.

Certain people are cut out for Porsche and others are not. If driving dynamics aren't one's #1 priority then it's better to save $$ and opt for a BMW/Audi/Merc.
I looked at the Macan. At the time I was convinced I needed room for 4 guys and sets of clubs. Fast forward and I never seem to need that much room. If I do get the itch I'm considering lots of alternatives. Mercedes doesnt cut it cause it's almost impossible to find a 6 cylinder in the GLE class. And the ones that do cost as much as the Cayenne and part of the point is reducing my investment in cars.

The X3 M40i looks intriguing. $60k ish and large enough.
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9698.00
chassis6528.00