Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I always assumed that other engine manufacturers had copied Mercs split turbo design years ago...but apparently not. Certainly as you note the thermal benefits are considerable but set against some quite complex design obstacles...not least the extra mass/inertia that a longer connecting shaft between the two turbo "halves" entails.

This is a great read on Mercedes.
I especially liked the part where they talk about presenting (and encouraging the belief that) the cars performance advantage being solely due to its engine performance to distract rivals from copying their chassis design...and therefore encourage other teams to continue copying Red Bulls higher rake design.
Only now I suspect (having seen racing points success using Mercs long wheel base design) will other teams look to re-evaluate their chassis design concept.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/how-m...ept-it-secret/
This is one of my all-time fav articles and shows that Mercedes F1 is the Master of Trolling on the planet and definitely adherents of Sun Tzu.

There are teams that talk smack and get that butt smacked on the track and those that do their talking on the track. Red Bull is the latter, Mercedes is the former.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
Bongoxxx804.00
yco5722.50