Ichiro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
What a difference lowering makes on our cars. That looks very nice. The carbon rear spoiler compliments the black roof and wheels.

I considered the BC Racing coils too but ended up ordering ST XA. I'll be installing mine next week if they arrive on time.
Any tips on making the installation easy? How long did it take you?
It took me two days. Couldve done it in one, but the heat/humidity was too much to handle. Rear is easy, just make sure you have some trim removal tools to pry up the carpet in the trunk to get access to the rear shock mounts.

Rear: Remove wheel, place jack under the wheel hub, and gently support it. Remove the bolt for the shock. Gently lower the jack and remove it. You can use a pry bar *carefully* to remove the spring. It's not under much tension and I made sure of this before deciding to pry it out. Remove the shock by unbolting the rear mount in the trunk.

Front: A little more difficult because I didn't unbolt the tie rod so it required a bit of muscle to push it out from the wheel well. Support the wheel hub again with a jack. I removed the brake line and wheel speed sensor cables from their grommets. Remove the shock bolt at the wheel hub. Remove the nut from the sway bar link at the shock. Remove the front shock mount nuts in the engine bay. Lower the jack, and then push the strut down and out of the wheel well (takes some effort, but can be done). Remove the strut from the wheel hub - mine was frozen in place and required PB blaster and a 5 lb mallet.

Good luck, hope it goes well - feel free to PM if you have any other questions or get stuck.
Thanks for the write up, it seems very straightforward
I just hope I don't run into any seized bolts.

I'm still waiting for my coilovers to be delivered, they just cleared customs
Appreciate 0