View Single Post
      07-02-2020, 11:08 PM   #344
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

There’s a whole thread on this. Let me save you some time and research though. It boils down to:

1. Wired cameras are terrible with motion detection because it’s pixel detection, not motion. The most recommended one is Reolink.
2. Wireless cameras are not as great because it only records when there’s motion. If on battery you’ll change it every now and then. Eufy cams are really good and cost effective. Their batteries last a year on a single a charge.
3. Best way, IMO, is a combination of the two. Get a 5-6 cams wired Reolink set and combine it with Ring floodlights (if you already have Ring subscription it’s a good way to go, especially with refurbished units) or Eufy cams. If you really want to can even get a doorbell cam. Then you’ll have best of both worlds: 24/7 recording and motion and light motion detection. This is what I ended up with.

I went with a 2K resolution Reolink set with 5 cameras that record 24/7. I can check on it anytime I want. Then I have Ring floodlight for driveway and spotlights for the back along with non camera floodlights (already had them). Already have Ring alarm service so monitoring fee for those cameras are included. Also, lifetime warranty on cameras for as long as I have the service. All for $100 a year.
Appreciate 0