View Single Post
      07-28-2021, 09:58 AM   #76
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanm4 View Post
The people that have doubts are ones that are lazy to take time to read and understand the research/papers and mathematical proof. When you don't understand or grasp it, that is when you toss up your hands and say "it's a theory and I don't see proof"! It's like the flat earth people, even if we shoot them up into space and make them look out the window, they will still claim it's all Hollywood!
And they take their ignorance as proof.

Like the guy I responded to. "We cant measure that accurately!"

Well, shocker, we actually can measure quite accurately to great distances. We use binocular vision and its really easy. Take a measurement when the earth is on one side of the sun, wait 6 months, take another when the earth is on the other side. On average youre a 93 MILLION mile spread, could be up to 150million. And then just like your brain does every day with your two eyes we triangulate. Its how your eyes, which are only 60mm apart, can tell how far away and how quickly that football is coming at you from 60 meters and catch it. Only with far more sophisticated measuring equipment and supercomputers doing the math.

And he even mentioned the name hubbell but is obivously ignorant to the fact that hubbell is famous because he was the person who actually proved the universe is expanding by measuring the red shift of distant stars and galaxies, and that the further away galaxies were even more red shifted(and we dont have to be accurate to .01%, we just look at a galaxy that is twice as far away).

Its like saying "Its impossible to win at checkers because I personally haven't read the rules!"
Appreciate 2
rmanm4870.50
Littlebear3511.50