View Single Post
      02-21-2023, 08:17 AM   #296
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Forgot to update what happened towards the end of 2022. Managed to do 1100 miles exactly for 2022 which is way past my goal of 1000 miles. I was so thrilled with that, because with my IT band issues, I really didn't think I was going to make it around Oct Nov.

Luckily, the training for my marathon helped me pick up the lost miles. I ran my first marathon on Jan 21st in Thailand, so conditions werent fantastic (ie warm and humid). I was shooting for a sub 5 hrs because it's the first time I've ran that far but managed a 4:27. Bonked really hard at 22 miles and dropped to 12 min mile pace, but was able to pick up the end a bit. Couldn't walk well for 2 days, but it went way better than I expected. Certainly won't be my last marathon.

For 2023, I'm going to start shooting for a half Ironman in March 2024, so i really need to get going now, especially swimming portion. Currently training for Ville2Ville, which is a 6 person relay race from Asheville to Greenville. Not super stressed about this one because our team is not setting out to beat any records.

Currently at 173.5 for the year as of today for the year! Needless to say, running has completely transformed my life.

I wish everyone a great year!
Awesome - congrats on the marathon!