10-14-2022, 08:49 PM   #8
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
The genes that are most associated with headaches (and seizures) run on the female side.

Waking up with headaches could be one of several things. It could be related to the diurnal cortisol spike we get early in the mornings but I haven't seen that to be the case most times. More than likely, it's due to a reduction in oxygen levels ultimately caused by dehydration. Some of us are very sodium dependent. That's just a term I use, it just means our sodium levels fluctuate more than other people. We also often see it is bipolar and seizure patients.

Bowel habits can be a great tool for information for sodium related issues. Fluctuations of sodium can cause bouts of constipation or dry stools. I tell people to monitor their sodium intake. Too much is bad, but not enough can cause issues too. For people who have nighttime or early morning headaches, I tell them to make sure they have adequate sodium at supper. Reducing sodium is a good thing for most Americans because they eat too much, but they must maintain adequate sodium levels. Monitor how much sodium you eat each day for a week. Also track what you eat. Get a small log book and write it all in it. If you have a headache, write that down on that day as well. Go back a couple days and look at sodium and food selection. Sometimes, there will be a trigger food that is causing the headache and it will show itself after a few incidences. Other times it's a lack of sodium intake, especially if you have done some physical activity that day or the day before.

As for weather causing problems, that is a pressure and pathogen issue. As the pressure from and oncoming front changes, our blood flow to extremities and cutaneous areas increases. Our immune system is able to find and kill pathogens that normally get a pass. Situations like this, it really helps to exercise regularly or stretch often. That increases blood flow similarly to an oncoming weather system. Or you could take immediate release Niacin which causes flushing of the skin but most people don't like the way it makes them feel. I take the immediate release Niacin.
Thanks for the info. Immediate release niacin in the morning when I wake up? I've never tried it but it's worth a try.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0