Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Keep in mind that VER contract ends in 2028 and will be in his 30's(?). Who knows if he'll still want to race and at that time, what the situation will be at Red Bull. I don't see any scenario where Porsche does not buy Red Bull completely. They will get 2 years of VER and after that, they can bring in their own drivers.
I think you're underestimating Red Bull. They basically carried F1 until DTS boosted viewership.

Max probably agreed to this contract knowing that Porsche is coming onboard. If Max's career trends the way it has been, he will no doubt continue racing into his 30's and potentially leave an unbeatable legacy.

A 50/50 deal is smart and shows Porsche's commitment to the team. I don't see Red Bull selling the team to Porsche.
No one is underestimating Red Bull or writing them off - it's because they have AlphaTauri and it's something they can "get rid" of to continue with Red Bull in someway. If Audi gets their own team, and it looks like they will, I don't see Porsche not getting their own especially the way F1 is heading with synthetic fuel.

I could be wrong but everything is lining up for Porsche to have their own team and to add F1 to their already successful motorsport portfolio. This is the most cost effective way to do it and I don't see them just being 50/50 partners.
Appreciate 0