View Single Post
      08-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #9
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
How do you know when senior staff at RBR are lying? When their lips are moving.

From, "it is our intention to keep GAS in the car until the end of the season", to Albon being promoted to the seat 8 days later.

I think Albon will definitely fare better in the car and may actually trouble Max on race pace. He's sneaky fast and has a cool head.

Cheers-mk
You can't expect them to have said anything different if they had any hopes of him salvaging his season. It seems like its mental - the pressure keeps mounting and he isn't handling it well. Last thing you want to do there with someone who is struggling with the pressure is to put them on the chopping block. He doesn't seem to have the type of mentality that responds to that - just leads him further down the black hole. I think he has the skills but not the mentality to excel in F1. Doesn't have the ice flowing through his veins like Lewis or the killer instinct that other greats have - when the pressure is at the highest they excel the most. Sadly that seems to be something your usually born with or not. I hope he can go back and develop it - he seems like a genuinely good kid & it really sucks to see the young guys go backwards like that. Move had to be made though - I don't think he would have pulled out of that downwards spiral. Hopefully Albon responds well. I think he might have his hands pretty full too in Verstappen's shadow. Tough spot for all of them, hopefully it works out positively for both in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
No choice really, Max was absolutely blowing the wheels off Gasly all year to the point of embarrassment. Honestly I can't remember a gap that wide between teammates in a winning car well.....ever.
Agree - it's like they were running in different classes at times. Gasly while trying to pull himself up getting crushed like that - just wasn't going to happen.

I have to think somewhere in Australia Ricciardo is having a bit of a chuckle - until he remembers what he's driving now.
Appreciate 3
NickyC17353.00
MKSixer34171.50