View Single Post
      04-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #18
pavproch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 330ixT

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy3541 View Post
Just a quick update. The brakes from the M235i work on our cars. I just got done installing a set on my car. It took 1 hour to put them on and bleed them. It is a true plug and play setup. Make sure to use 340mm x 30mm rotors with these brakes.
As I wrote in the other thread, I probably (for sure, but my wife doesnīt know yet...) will be playing with the brakes of my Zet next winter...

As it comes to the rear setup, I will either leave current one in (300x24 mm OEM) or will have it replaced with 35is (324x20 mm) OEMīs components (I simply want to keep the e-brake functional).

Speaking of the fronts, that M235i Sport brakes (SH2NA) setup you built in attracts me a lot (other Performance BBK options mainly consist of 6pot calipers what seems to me a bit overkill for a mere - tuned though - 30i)...

Will you, please, share those M235i parts numbers you gave in? (I presume you went for slotted/holed rotors?)

And I happen to have several subsequent questions:
1. M235i calipers as you got them - were raw or painted? If the latter, which shade?
2. I suspect you left the current 35is caliper carriers (No. 34116773203) in, didnīt you?
3. Did you have to play with DSC settings afterwards (2pot in front instead of a single one)?

And there is one, rather disturbing thought I am having ref. front axle unsprung weight - that is what I am truly quizzical bout... as per ETK, my current OEM set (330x24mm) weights in total someting like 28kgs (60 pounds) inlc. caliper carriers. The M235i setup + 35is carriers (see question #2 above) might be weighting some 33.8 kgs (72 pounds), which means adding 6pounds per wheel of unsprung weight.... I gather this might compromise carīs driving /steering agility quite a bit...