View Single Post
      04-01-2021, 11:53 AM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I think they are trying to cater to the enthusiast, environmentalist and new regulations in Europe. Just doubt that what they are planning to offer matches what I would like to own. I think I am more likely to buy an EV daily driver and another fun weekend car, have similar overall environmental impact but less hassles that are likely to come with really complex hybrid AMG's and cars more fun to drive when I actually care.

Over the last 10 years they have been the best at F1 so I give them high marks on recent motorsport history, pretty high on enthusiast marks but see little bearing on what this means for me as the buyer going forward.
Couldn't agree more with you there David. In my ideal world, my ICE + MT cars would be my fun/weekend cars. My daily driver would either be a Tundra PHEV (if there's anyone I trust in this regards, it's Toyota) or a full blown electric truck like Rivian. If you have the means and the space, I think an electric vehicle is very complimentary to a fun ICE vehicle. Neither can do the other job as well at this moment IMHO.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
David701567.00