View Single Post
      08-01-2019, 07:10 AM   #109
Paolo B
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw z4 sdive30i

Hi Robi, thanks again for your advice and expert information. I do have confidence in Top Hydraulics based on my discussion with them and other information I've read. I'm trying to determine what I should try first, replace/rebuild the hydraulic unit or replace the right roof cylinder. I want to try and minimize my expenditures. The roof mechanism generally works so I'm waiting until the Fall to do the repairs. I tend to think the problem is the cylinder however thought I'd try swapping a solenoid valve, one at a time and see if anything improves. I had read your thread about the salmon relays so will be changing those even if they aren't the source of the problem. I'll let you know how I make out. Regarding the Carly coding to allow the roof to open while in motion, do you think the existing hydraulic unit is robust enough to utilize this option without the extra module or do you think this can cause me problems. As i mentioned previously, I haven't really been using the option in motion as I fear it may cause problems however have used it when moving very slowly, i.e., 5-10 kms/hr. Thanks again for your expertise. It sure is great to have experts like you to share information with. Paolo
Appreciate 0