View Single Post
      11-07-2020, 07:14 AM   #161
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I will say, in my hospital our lowest Covid count was 10 patients just a handful of weeks ago. At the height of Covid we were at like 70+ cases. As of today we are around 40 again.

Cases and hospitalizations are definitely increasing. Mortality rates, reasons for the surge, etc. are all a separate discussion. But increased demand on the healthcare system are definitely returning.

I will say it is not an automatic death sentence. One of my patients has end stage renal disease, uncontrolled BP, etc. during her hospital course and is doing just fine, ready to go home soon. But of course I've had patients with such comorbidities do poorly. Some colleagues have had multiple people pass away on their service.
It was a given from day 1. Viruses are more active during this season

I didn't even know that as of yesterday everyone must wear a mask outside in our state. But yet restaurants are open, nursing home visits are allowed (the one place where most died and state failed to protect the people), and state is finally pushing for in-person learning (before it was hybrid). So it makes about zero sense. Oh you also don't have to wear any mask if you have a face shield

I still fail to understand why CDC or anyone else refuses to advise N95 masks for high risk people
Appreciate 0