View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 02:37 PM   #27
Soterios
BXR
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
But as the driver who uses e-throttle, ABS, and electronic nannies, it is your ultimate responsibility to drive the car, not the electronic aids. When a machine is driving without human intervention, the legal case changes.

Autonomous driving is not an evolution, it is a step change.

I looked at some of the FSD video. I saw several driving errors. (1) in Virginia, the law is to slow down and move to the left (if possible) for any emergency vehicle on the shoulder. (2) passing the double trailer truck when the pickup was heading down the entry ramp was poor defensive driving technique. The Tesla should have moved over to the right to provide margin to the truck if its driver decided to move over to avoid interaction with the pickup entering the freeway. The car can't be programmed to drive any better than the humans who write the software.

I get it, he said it's a beta version. It will always be in beta version.
Boeing seems to be surviving just fine through a "Oh fuck our automation failed" situation. Planes will still have autopilot after.

Swarm robotics. It's cool tech and it's going to lead automation on the road to help sync up automatic and not automated cars.

Teslas are already puttering down the road mostly on their own. The beta will only last as long as the feds stand in their way.