View Single Post
      10-21-2021, 11:59 PM   #41
RobbiZ4
Call me "Dr. Bob"
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89 sDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwooder View Post
I have a little input about the CTM. I once saw on U-tube a video, by Diagnostic Dan. He took the plug apart on the CTM, and while moving the top up or down took reading off the input, and output of the plug while plugged in. Here in the States, it is almost impossible to get the pin out on this module. I think the same module is used in the 2008 BMW 328 IC, or E93. If so, that car is documented in a Bentley Manual. Possibly the pin out may be the same. Not knowing exactly what BMW programs into the CTM is a question. On that plug on the CTM, is all the sensor inputs, ...
To be honest, each detail of the above written is not correct.

Diagnose Dan may be a showmaster, but should NOT be taken as a reference to diagnose E89 roofs!

The issue on his named video is a very special one, that in most cases is much more complexer to solve. At least, broken wires in the rear roof shell is the direction, he's pointing to.

Doesn't help Bryan.

The named plug keeps some, but not ALL sensor lines, that orchestrate the roof opening and closing processes.

Your summary instead is correct: knowing ALL pinouts of these CTM's is the key to successful diagnostics.

Only my Y3 Diagnostic Tool can display all sensors as well as actors (motors, relays,...) graphically on a live chart.

Have a look at it:
https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129048

Last edited by RobbiZ4; 10-22-2021 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 0