07-03-2019, 12:37 PM   #33
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Wow I have now seen it all. Guy gets shot from a previous altercation and still continues to display road rage lol. Rmtt be careful man. It sounds like you know better but still cant help yourself. None of these petty things are worth dying for.
I wouldn't exactly call it road rage. I never get road rage or had yelling matches or arguing with people while driving. Most of the time I'm in a car, I am oblivious to everyone around me aside from trying to be considerate. Plus I have rarely had any incidents with issues on the road.

As for the shooting incident....I was jumped in a bowling alley one night years ago by a guy who was just looking for a fight. I ended up getting the better of him, and he was tossed out by bouncers as he started everything.

We went back to the same bowling alley the next night and apparently the guy came back up there this time looking to settle the score.

He actually shot me as I was coming out of the place from about 4 ft. away. I wasn't expecting it, and this was 20 years ago when typically if you had a fight..it was over and done with. I didn't humiliate him or anything, but did make sure he wasn't in a position to continue...then I stopped.

After that night, I have never been in another confrontation. I learned to walk away from them if I was ever in that position..and as I got older and had a family...I just never put myself in those positions anymore.

I can see looking back on this incident how bad it does make me look, and it's not something I am proud of.