03-15-2024, 09:40 AM   #15
maxbaybe
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.5is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
It comes down to spec, options and your taste, doesnt it?

which car has better options? is anything missing?
keyless access, hifi professional sound, idrive, lighting package, heated steering wheel, wind deflector, adaptive headlights, self dimming mirrors?

Do you like wooden trim in the is or prefer the aluminum look?
wooden trim is more expensive option, scratches can be somewhat polished out from its laquer... but some think its too oldschool for their taste...

Which paddles you like more? Older style pushpull that allows you to control the gears with one hand from one paddle both up and down or you like newer more standard +- layout style paddles in the 2014 car.
i personally think older paddles were superior..

Do you like chrome grille or black grille?
I personally prefer chrome.. though you can easily swap the grilles out..

Do you like the wheels?
IS has better wheels on it IMHO...

35i seems to have some mods on it... probably tuned, has intakes. Seems a bit lowered aswell but i may be wrong. i would check if it has stock intercooler and downpipes on it or are they aftermarket aswell...
If you want your n54 tuned then thats all great... but if you really want a stock car then not so great. IS seems like its stock but hard to tell...
I wouldnt stay away from a mildly tuned car that has well known aftermarket upgrade parts on it... a mild tune doesnt really hurt the longevity of these cars imo...

White interior has those nice alcantara strips on seatbacks... these are hard to keep clean... brown interior dont have that and seats are all leather... [...]
This is exactly the response I was hoping for! I am strongly leading towards buying soon so this will definitely help. May keep updating on my buying journey on here or make my own post. If there is any more things that I need to lookout for don’t hesitate to share, I really appreciate it all.
Appreciate 0