12-08-2008, 01:22 AM   #9
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by myspace.com/bmwz4mcoupe View Post
Here it is. Another proof that Chris Bangle needs to get fired and why BMW needs to bring Anders Warming back. Either that, or just have someone from the Quandt family go Nazi on Chrissy's washed-up @$$.

Chris-- If you (or someone from the design department) are reading this, please know that as the man-in-charge of design, Roundel aficionados are holding you accountable to actually doing your job in a satisfactory manner especially with the distinctive Z-series line. So, why the hell would anyone in Munich be allowed to copy the front end of a 3-series Sportwagon, the body styling of the va-Gina concept, z8 side effects, and the morbidly obese derier of a 6-series and slap a Z-badge on it? Why? The only explaination I can come up with may be the pressure for you to appeal to a wider demographic because of the current business climate at the expense of diluting motorsport enthusiasts out of your core customer mix. I know you proved you can do that in key EU markets when the new 3-series became as common as the Ford Mondeo, so if that's the same strategic intent behind the E89-- congratulations! You are getting ready to become the man who single-handedly sold BMW's soul to mediocrity due to marketing myopia.

Okay, now that I've shared how I really feel about Gina's uglier little sister (aka E89), I know there will be some of you fellow Z4MC owners out there that are going ooh-and-ahh about the E89. My apologies in advance. To make this up to you, I will petition our friends in Munich to throw in a pair of panties and lip gloss to go with the purchase of this chick car soon to be know as Gina's uglier little sister.

Did I say that this car was the biggest disappointment in my experience as a BMW aficionado? Well, I guess BMW just helped me make my decision to go with the R8. Good job Chris Bangle, the folks at Audi will really love you for this joke you call the E89!
wow.
Appreciate 0