View Single Post
      08-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #60
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin turbo View Post
The main reason I installed the intake was for the sound and improved throttle response. It's nice to actually here the turbos on a turbo charged car. Maybe I'm losing a couple of HP after the engine gets nice and hot, but it is worth it to me. Please recommend another intake that makes power, I am interested.

There is another dyno in that thread where they remove the air box cover and the car made an additional 20 rear wheel hp and it wasn't Terry. It was the guy that was contradicting Terry. That sounds like there is air restriction in the factory air box to me. I don't think bypassing the air filter would net 20 wheel hp. Maybe THIS car is different, but the last few cars I owned all made more power with aftermarket intakes. My GT500 made 40 more hp with a Steeda hot air intake. Funny that Ford would make and install a hot air intake (air coming from the engine bay) in the KR and several magazines dyno tested it and made 40hp more. My 2005 Corvette also made more power with a hot air intake. My APR chipped Audi TT also made more power with a hot air intake. My tuning experience has taught me that the factory air box is designed to handle factory power levels. When you add more boost and fuel like the JB+, you need more air. Most of the time the factory air boxes cannot provide the additional air necessary. I have not dynoed this car yet. As I said before, maybe THIS car is different.
Im glad you are not taking offense to the things Im saying. Im just really here to help. I started my business 11 years ago because I was SICK and tired of being ripped off by bogus companies that sold me junk like this. It wasnt until I starting tuning and learning the stuff for myself that I realized how stupid some of these mods really were. When it comes to intake in your car, the stock one is not as restrictive as you think. Air flow, air temp, density all have to do with the performance of your intake. Like I said many times before, I am more than happy to dyno someones car with that intake and show everyone on the forum how it works. It can all be video recorded so there are no more "well so and so tested it and they had this result."
Appreciate 0