05-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #7
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Every time I take my Z4 in for service, I am usually the only Z4 there amongst all the 3 series, 5 series and X series cars also there for service. When I walk over to the showroom to kill time, it's rare that they have a Z4 on display. There are more "M" cars in the showroom at any one time than there are Z4s, and if you ask me, the Z4 is the better looking car. Maybe it's just my dealer, but they just don't push the Z4. I live in Los Angeles, and sometimes a week goes by and I don't see another Z4 on the road. It's actually kind of sad, especially when thinking about the longevity of the model.
Yeah I experience exactly the same here in China. In fact, I have yet to see another 35i or 35is anywhere.

I think the answer is simple though. If you can afford a 35is you can also afford a 7-series. Or if you can afford a 20i you can also easily afford a 5-series. And prestige is important in China. (7 is higher than 4)

And then there is the 335i convertible with 4 seats which costs exactly the same as a Z4 35i here... I think I saw 2 of those before.
Appreciate 0