View Single Post
      10-29-2022, 05:22 AM   #30
M4_ZMT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 i3S, '01 325i

Nothing quite like a night drive in a "classic" BMW...ok, I still can't call the E46 classic, even though it is, as I feel very old... The orange glow of the instrument panel, performance of the motor seems amazing in this cooler fall weather. Finally feeling like summer is on it's way out- hate how hot it gets out here so I am very happy about that.

Not much has been done to him since last post- I have the differential bushing ready to install but I'm not ready to shell out for labor just yet... but I'm still, finally, eventually getting the roof painted, rear trunklid is also an option as it is showing some oxidization as well. I will also have the bumper adjusted and most likely painted at the same time. The rest of the car looks fine enough to me (10 ft away amiright?) Shout out to Network Autobody in Valencia, CA. They perform wonderful work. When my mom's F31 wagon had a tree fall on the roof, I was sure I would be able to tell where it was repaired, and as picky as I am, I was completely unable to. Very quality shop. PM me for reference and direct contact info. (In no way affiliated, I just like to give credit where it is due.)

It's been running great and enjoy every minute behind the wheel. If you're wondering why I'm up so late- I get to sleep in tomorrow, plus there's nothing like the crisp night air, glow of the Xenons, your favorite music, and an inline-6; with the boulevard and highway all to yourself. It's funny because I have a G82 M4 in my garage and although I absolutely ADORE that car and it is a beast in every way, sometimes the nostalgia, perfect size, ergonomics, and easy driveway access have me putting more miles on my '01 325i Steptronic...figures, lol. Also, just let me be the dude who has his fog lamps on when it's not foggy, just for one night (it actually does help with these older design Xenons, light up pedestrian crossings and the edges of the roadway). I've actually been using them as DRL's during the day here and there- with this color car it's nice to have a bit more visibility and I hate the default high beam 1/2 voltage setup haha-
Attached Images

Last edited by M4_ZMT; 10-29-2022 at 05:29 AM..
Appreciate 0