View Single Post
      03-22-2022, 04:29 PM   #105
AR_Motorwerkz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4, BMW WIDEBODY F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by proboner View Post
Well after driving it for several weeks the trunk lip's outcome has been decided... I LOVE IT. It honestly looks so much better than I thought it would, and IMO really adds to the rear of the car. With the front CF lip and side skirts the rear of the car was missing something, and this may be exactly what it was. I did end up pulling it off and changing the install a bit, as it wasn't on quite right. I found the key was to stick the 2 sided tape on the lip where it comes into contact with the rear of the trunk, press it tight, and then just use a few small pieces to attach it on the top. Worked very well. Still deciding if I want to go MSport rear bumper with CF diffuser insert.

In other news, I made another unexpected/exciting purchase the other day... a stock wind deflector! These things are usually VERY expensive, with prices on ebay going for well over $500 if you need to buy all the pieces, which I did. But I ended up finding a used set including the middle deflector, mesh inserts for the roll hoops, the roll hoops themselves, and the mounting hardware, all for $350 shipped. Considering many of those terrible plexiglass aftermarket solutions cost the same, I was quite happy with the pickup!

Fresh out of the box. There are a couple minor blemishes on the screen of the middle section, but you'd literally have to get a foot away and try to find them, to even notice.

The backs of my current hoops, as you may remember from the early days, have been painted with black plastidip and then covered once again with a gunmetal grey plastidip metalizer coat. Would have loved to just reuse them but there are two holes on the new set which are missing from my current set, so opted to make the switch. Unfortunately I made a few mistakes when painting them yesterday so they'll need to be redone, but it'll work for new until I can buy more paint.

Before

Hoop windscreen

New (badly painted) hoop back and hoop windscreen installed

Center screen mount installed

Everything installed but the center portion

And done

Obviously everything is quite dirty. It rained yesterday and she hasn't been washed in a couple weeks. But I'm excited to take her on a top down freeway cruise to see the difference!
Nice set you got! Hopefully it would reduce wind noise..
Appreciate 0