View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 10:25 AM   #22
proboner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmdt101 View Post
Thanks for letting us follow along! Beautiful build! Curious, where'd you pick up the Android from? Was it a difficult install? It's on my list for this winter. I'm located in MO, so my '11 e89 will likely be waiting for a random sunny day to take out again.

Have you thought of adding rear view camera or backup sensors?
Hey, sorry I missed your comment earlier. I bought my Andriod screen from Hifimax. I've already posted some of my gripes above. I know I'm not using the screen to it's full potential yet, but I'm mostly upset that because I didn't have a screen from the factory I don't have the LVDS cable which means the screen and car basically don't communicate at all. This makes some of the main user interface completely useless. I'm sure there are workarounds and ways I can make it better, I just need to do some research.

Install can be done in a day, although I did mine a couple hours at a time over several days. DaveZed has a very thorough install video that you can follow to make sure you're on track, as the instructions provided are not particularly clear. He's also put together a video for installing reverse sensors, which aren't on my agenda at this point.

Thanks for the comment!
Appreciate 0