View Single Post
      11-05-2023, 10:42 PM   #11
414bhp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, CTS-V, AMG GT S, Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I visited a Lotus dealer a long time ago to check out a 2005 Elise and had to wedge myself in. I’m only 5’7”. Needless to say, it was a non starter for me despite being a great concept for a car. It was just a wee bit too small. I think the Evora was designed to mitigate that while also being a bit more luxurious. The Emira is basically an updated Evora, so much so, the engine, chassis and drivetrain are all the same.

I do think the refreshed Emira with either engine is a potentially great competitor to the 718 and allows you to buy a sports car that doesn’t stand in the shadow of a more expensive vehicle (e.g. 911). Unfortunately Lotus has been dealing with a lot of issues and they also are not a high volume company so anything needing fixing requires a long lead time. Coupled with the fact that there are just a handful of dealers, I unwound my deposit in fair quick order after all those discoveries.

Oh, you had a deposit and backed away! Yikes, okay. I usually feel comfortable with less reliable vehicles so long as they are in warranty, but if parts availability is a big problem, that could sour the experience.