View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 01:23 PM   #15
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
I'm trying to build out my home automation now. I use SmartThings primarily at my current house, but I'm moving into my new home next month and plan to switch it up. SmartThings has been decent and integrates with a lot of different brands, but it seems a bit slow to respond a lot.

In the new house I plan to use Ring and Apple HomeKit mostly. I'm going with Ring security system, PoE cameras, and doorbell. And I'm hoping Apple HomeKit will be able to cover most of my home automation: Yale Assure locks, Nest thermostats, Chamberlain garage door openers, smart TVs, Sonos, probably Hunter Douglas automated window shades, and Roomba. I know it won't support everything so I'll end up using a few of the separate native apps.

Has anyone wall-mounted an iPad for home control? I'm looking at different mounts available. So far I'm leaning towards the Magnetix mount (https://www.maclocks.com/magnetix-wall-mount.html) because it just uses a magnet so I can quickly remove from the wall and bring with me if I want to carry it into the kitchen to use to display a recipe or something. I just wish it was a bit more of a flush mount to the wall.