View Single Post
      10-23-2023, 10:38 AM   #374
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I just can't shake the thought that both Ferrari and MERC took a deliberate gamble with the ride height settings here.
There are so many excusing explanations out there that it's a bumpy track and it was a sprint weekend so very little time to set the car up etc.
But Bakoe was also a bumpy track and a sprint weekend, and there there were no DQ's

Both Ferrari and MERC were fast all weekend on what is otherwise a pretty fast track (RB and Mclaren favoring normally). That's no coincidence if you ask me.
And MERC not meeting ride height requirements after they pushed so hard to raise the ride height because they were so far behind RB with their floor design....call it karma!

That said I think they also should've checked SAI and RUS cars (ideally all cars, but that may take way to long as they obviously have a very long checklist).
SAI especially as he's now on the podium (they checked the podium and the polesitter, not a random check).

Checo has all the luck in the world with first Hammy going off in Qatar and now this...
The sprint race was incredibly boring. I'd have rather watched more FP, honestly. Go back to the old format or get rid of it.

Checo lucked out in the end for sure, but if three of the 5 people that finished above him were running an unfair advantage, including one who is still finishing above him because the car was never checked for wear (Sainz), was it really luck, or would he have actually been on podium with all legal cars?
Appreciate 2