View Single Post
      10-31-2018, 08:34 AM   #12
lemmon
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylotto View Post
It is no CarPlay, but the form factor is perfect for that spot. I guess you will waste the dash cam feature, but it seems to have plenty of other features that would be very useful. How is the navigation application? For the rear camera, I note the specs say "1 AV-IN port for Automatic reversing camera." That should allow you to connect any camera if you can run a wire from the rear camera to the unit, but it looks like you will need an adaptor from RCA to whatever input is on the back of this thing. Also, how does it know when you are in reverse and it needs to switch input to the reverse camera?
1.)Form factor is really good, the best I have found so far
2.)Regarding the dash cam, I have opened the unit and it has a flat cable long enough to place the camera close to the center speaker
3.) The unit is plenty of features..... Play store is fully functional
4.) For the rear camera, I think my unit is broken. I have ordered a new unit that I will receive tomorrow. In theory ( you can check the specs) the unit support reverse camera automatic switching but i will let you know once i receive the new unit.
5.) For navigation I use google maps and waze. You can also download off line software like sygic... The unit manage these app very well.

I did not solve the Bluetooth issue, but with spotify I am able to manage the music coming out from my phone ( connect to Bluetooth) from the unit. Not perfect but quite good.

The speaker in the unit is good and loud enough to manage navigation sounds without any issue.

Lastly, 2 more pictures with the BMW interface available in google play
Attached Images

Appreciate 0