View Single Post
      10-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
lemmon
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
It looks fantastic!!!! i think I will definitely take a look in more details to see if i can doit by myself.

Would you mind taking a picture from the side? I would like to see the space between the back of the screen and the dashboard as well as the angle of the screen. Lastly a picture without the screen would be perfect.

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry to ask you to take additional pictures but i would like to make sure about the retrofit

Thanks
I have done some additional research. If i want to keep the original radio and taking in to consideration that the JOYING screen connects to the main unit through a flat computer style cable, I think I would be able to:

1.) install the main JOYING unit in the glove compartment
2.) Connect the main JOYING unit to the "aux In" available in the car
3.) get an extension cable from the glove compartment( where the main JOYING unit is installed) to the compartment where the original BMW nav screen is installed
4.) Open the door compartment ( where the original BMW screen is installed) and rest the screen using the open door as the back support. ( the size of JOYING screen is almost the same size that the Original nav door compartment.
5.) Fix the JOYING screen with a velcro-type tightening system.....

What do you think? It would be great if you can take a picture of the JOYING screen resting on the Nav compartment door to see how it looks like

Thanks in advance

Last edited by lemmon; 10-09-2018 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0