View Single Post
      07-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #135
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

OK - here we go.

My amp (for the record: Audioson AP8.9 bit - same as yours, different software) got installed "correctly", with the 6.5" channels separate and the woofers separate (no change) as well.

PM me with your email and I'll send you my sound file. The extension is different in the sound files of my 2 amps (A-Fischer PP82DSP in the x3), but I bet they will either work or you may have to change the extension. There is no way to print the config (sucks). Worse case I can take some pics and post here.

Finally got a chance to use that fancy new microphone with a RTA on my phone, just to prove how much the tweeters suck. The roll-off above 10k is embarrassing - I guess BMW assuming us older guys are loosing it anyway. My config is a little heavy on the bottom end to allow for top-down driving. Used Michael Jackson, Basia, Boz Scaggs, Donald Fagen, Miles Davis to tune.

Time to get sweaty and install the new speakers (Jenherts...)

So, I'd be doing exactly what you are suggesting - use the center channel wiring, run and extension down to the right 6.5" and call it a day. In the software you can rename everything anyway.

My next question is how are BimmerNav "rewiring" the new harness? Is the old one the right one now to use for this change?

And just to close out - center channel is good for all of the DVDs we play while driving....great marketing...

Last edited by Lurcher; 07-29-2017 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0