View Single Post
      07-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #110
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

I'm adding this from another thread, since it relates to my car. This relates to mounting the headlight leveling apparatus on the E9x M3 passenger side control arm. The M3 has it mounted on the driver side, so this is something that needs to be rigged up. They even use a different mounting system (25 years of doing headlight levelers on BMW's, one might think they would have settled on a way to mount this ...)

In the photos you can see I have two wire ties being used: one tie is just on the arm, but prevents the mount from walking down the arm. The second photo shows a wire tie acting as a clasp. When you pop the mount off the regular arm, it is not big enough to clasp the M3 arm. I just ran the wire tie through the two slots and tugged.

Note that the headlight leveling clasp is yet another cheap BMW product. There is basically no meat on the clasp and it is easy to break. You'll find this to be slightly tricky since the clasp needs to be contorted some to wrap around the bigger E9x M3 control arm.

Filippo