04-09-2021, 08:58 AM   #58
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
1) I think the Mustang looks far, far better. Tail end is a bit long and wide but the front is superb, really muscular and with right grille and front lip it look the business. Camaro looks a bit ....i dunno ... needs a total change to me.

2) As EV gain some ground and everything else is 2T, revs are more important than power to me for street use and the Coyote likes a few revs, let alone the Voodoo. The Camaro is very bottom endish.

3) sat in a camaro and dead set couldn't see out of the bastard

As I type this I have been shopping for a NA toy car (vert) for 2 years and keep flip flopping between a daily PP2 stang with some visual mods to make it look meaner or a well used 911.

Yeah, good points, all of them. I saw your reply as I was researching ported heads, Cam, and other mods to shift the LT1 6500 RPM redline to 7200. 5600 is a bit low to make peak power in my opinion as well. But there is plenty of aftermarket support, so that's another plus. The stock rev limit on my Gen1 Coyote was 6800, which I quikly raised to 7200 rpm. Way better. It sounded happy.

I faced the same choice in 2013 between the Camaro and the Mustang. I went with Mustang because the Gen5 Camaro was even more atrocious looking. Now I'm ready to try the other choice, as I've never been a fan of the S550 looks.

And I hear a lot of people complain about visibility, but I've driven a few flavors of the Gen 6 Camaro, and it didn't strike me as a limiting factor. Of course when I scrape the wheels parking it, I will complaint then I'm sure.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 04-09-2021 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0