View Single Post
      05-12-2023, 05:07 PM   #248
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I don't know. If we look at the giant leap AMR has taken this year...
Last years they were pretty much bottom feeders and now they're the 2nd team. If they keep up their progression pace, they will rival RB next year for sure.
Without the cost cap that wouldn't have been possible. In the past, top teams had budgets of 600 million, where smaller teams had to do with maybe 100-150 million.
Now I think all teams can more or less get to the maximum budget.

That one team is going to lead with some margin will always be the case in an open class. If you don't want that, you have to make it into some cup racing class where all the cars are the same. Like indy, or formula E.

I think the cost cap for sure has brought teams more together.
It's still an open class, but the means with which you can develop a car are more the same. You get a specified amount of fuel (energy), a specified amount of money, same tyres and a rulebook.
This is true on the former re: Aston, but they are still quite a ways away from RB. Max starting 9th, and finished nearly 30 seconds ahead of Alo and know he was only managing for a good bit of the race really shows. Had Max started first, I wouldnt be suprised if he finished 1 min ahead of Alo.
Appreciate 0