10-26-2020, 06:04 PM   #5696
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Agree with your first paragraph 100%. I went with more well-known bands to gauge who I was talking with to an extent haha. I enjoy Indigo la End, some of their music is too weepy though. Other enjoyable ones are Nakimushi, yourness, Kobore, 36km, Bubbly Summer, People1, Zutomayo, Lucky Tapes, Vaundy, etc etc. So I think it is safe it say I enjoy japanese mainstream indie music. So I havent dove too deep into the doujin side of things. Regardless it is quite enjoyable, and my music of choice especially when working. At some point the music crosses a barrier for me in which it is too interesting though. I wouldn't say my ears can't keep up, rather it becomes too infatuated with sound that I can't concentrate on a line that I really enjoy.

Favorite bassist is in Oisicle Melonpan, very smooth to listen to. Often their music has two solos, one for the guitarist/vocalist, and one for the bassist.

There is an almost endless amount of music to discover. Sometimes you just have to put everything else on hold and focus on certain areas to really dig deep enough. It's impossible to keep up with everything. I haven't really checked in on mainstream stuff for around 2 years, but I recognize yourness, Kobore, and Zutomayo out of those.
Decent anime

If you decide to take the plunge into doujin music, feel free to give me a shout. For starters, you might like Kurage seek room, iTi, Tengu no mai (天狗ノ舞), minimum electric design. I'll leave you with this, though. A nice rock piece with human vocals, from a vocaloid producer under an indie label... The vocalist, F9, is really lovely. She's mostly active in the doujin scene, though.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 0